Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2014 ghlander Hybrid Platinum... lately as I am

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Highlander Hybrid Platinum... lately as I am driving the center console screen and the central screen behid the steering wheel go blank intermitently. I either have to pull over shut down and restart or, if unable, it takes about 1 minute for the unit to recycle (without my preset options for navigation). I understand this might be a software update issue. Can you verify or advise?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Do the 2 screens act up at the same time, or independently of eachother?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the thrid time I am trying to get a response... Both screens go blank at the same time
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Do you know how to check the current software version on your radio?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1) Both screens blank out at the same time. 2) Only software version date of 2013 I have found is on the navigation map data base. Not sure if that is the same
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Go into the settings (generally an icon shaped like a gear) and scroll down to software update. It will show you the software version currently installed. Write it down, or send me a picture of that screen. Then, I can check to see if there is a software update available and what issues it is meant to resolve.