Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I recently did an engine swap on my 2000 toyota celica gt,

Customer Question

i recently did an engine swap on my 2000 toyota celica gt, everything was going smooth till i went to start it, it would just crank over, i tested for spark and thats working, i spray ether in it and the car will start and stay running until i turn it off. I replaced the fuel pump and strainer, tested the relays and fuses. The only code it throws is a p0100 which is bad maf sensor.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 6 months ago.

Hello & that's exactly your issue replace it & reset the computer by scanner or just remove the battery cables & touch them together for about 5 seconds then replace & this will put the system in re-learn....that's it take care ...please rate my answer as this is how I get paid

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the maf would stop the engine from starting, I was thinking there was a fuel problem.im heading to store now to pickup a new maf

correct then reset the computer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the maf sensor and the code still keeps coming back and car won't start, like there's no fuel

Possible fuel regulator or low line pressure