Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a 2001 Toyota tundra and the clutch pedal does a

Customer Question

i have a 2001 Toyota tundra and the clutch pedal does a suction and gets stuck against the carpet floor every time that i shift gears
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. When the clutch pedal is depressed, and then released, and it does not return to the raised position, this usually indicates that the hydraulics in either the clutch master or clutch slave cylinder are bypassing. When you press the clutch, you force fluid from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch slave cylinder. The slave cylinder extends and moves the clutch rod to disengage the clutch. The pressure form the diaphragm springs on the pressure plate force the pedal back up to the raise position, bu pushing the fluid backwards. When the clutch sticks to the floor, the fluid pressure is not sufficient for the force backwards. It is recommended that you replace the clutch master and clutch slave cylinders when this happens. I would not replace just one cylinder, as both are equally worn internally after 15 years. Replace the clutch master and clutch slave cylinders, bleed the system (if you have sufficient mechanical skills and tools), and you should be golden. If not, take it to a service facility have have them replace your 2 clutch cylinders.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.