I have just had the dash out to replace the heater core but

Customer Question

I have just had the dash out to replace the heater core but on completion of job on turning on ignition engine turns over but won't start. Also I have no headlights.
I suspect that I have not reconnected an electrical connector. Can you please help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Ok so if the glow plugs didn't come on it would still start. Just take longer.However, the turbo timer is hooked in thru your ignition switch leads and controls the cut off solinoid.
When you removed it did you just unplug it or disconnect the wiring? And if you disconnected the wiring did you reconnect the wires it was spliced into?
If not you will find a few wires cut in two, you will know becouse they are the same gauge and color code wires. Reconnect them and you should fine that all is ok.Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 3 months ago.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.