sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2009 Toyota ghlander brid, The key fob doesn't work even

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2009 Toyota Highlander Hibrid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The key fob doesn't work even though I've switched out the battery. I also can
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: It won't open with another remote.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I also can't open the driver side door with the physical key. It goes in but won't turn.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Keyless entry not working could be a receiver issue but it usually caused by a bad fob. If the batteries have been replaced then the best next step would be to have the fobs tested to see if they are transmitting.

Did both fobs stop working at exactly the same time or are you not 100% sure of that?