Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Car won't turn over, heater, a/c, radio, power seats, etc

Customer Question

Car won't turn over, heater, a/c, radio, power seats, etc done work. Panel lights work. No burned fuses
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: All are good...except not all have power
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007 avalon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes..checked all the fuses, some have power some don't. Removed all fuses none are burnt
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Was doing some work disconnected alternator..left cable too close to battery terminal and the power wire into the alternator made contact and sparked. Car was running fine before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

All power to the car comes from the battery through the engine compartment fuse panel and the ignition switch. To determine why it will not start you are going to need to determine where you have lost power to the fuses.

I have enclosed the power distribution wiring in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Check these and let me know which fuse your find with no power.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20distribution%20Jun%2026.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%202%20JUn%2026.pdf

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I checked all the fuses and these are the ones that don't have power also none are burnt....Under the hood - 7.5A Stop No. 2, 15A Head RH LWR, 15A Head LH LWR, 7.5A S-Horn, 20A Washer, 15A Head RH UPR, 15A Head LH UPR, 10A Horn
Under Dash - 7.5A Panel, 10A Tail, 30A S/Roof, 25A Door No. 2, 7.5A A/C, 7.5A AMI, 7.5A Fuel OPN, 25A P/W, 7.5A MPX-B, 7.5A OBD, 15A Fog, 25A Fr Door, 25A RL Door, 25A RR Door, 10A MIR HTR, 7.5A Radio No. 2, 15A PWR Outlet, 15A CIG, 7.5A ECU-ACC, 10A RR S/Shade, 30A WIP, 10A Gauge No. 1, 20A S-HTR, 7.5A A/C Comp, 7.5 HTR, 10A ECU IG No. 2, 10A ECU IG No. 1
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

So all of these fuse had key on power? Do you have power at the ignition switch?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had the key on when I checked all the fuses and there is power at the ignition switch. I found the Block Assembly Fuse Link was burnt after I sent you a list of fuses with no power so I replaced it. Doesn't look like the other Block assembly has any burnt links. The car still won't turn over but more of the fuses now have power. The remaining fuses without power are:Under the hood - 7.5A Stop No. 2, 7.5A S-Horn, 20A Washer, 10A Horn
Under Dash - 7.5A Panel, 10A Tail, 25A RL Door, 25A RR Door, 10A MIR HTR, 7.5A Radio No. 2, 15A PWR Outlet, 15A CIG, 7.5A ECU-ACC, 10A RR S/Shade, 30A WIP, 10A Gauge No. 1, 20A S-HTR, 7.5A A/C Comp, 7.5 HTR, 10A ECU IG No. 2, 10A ECU IG No. 1
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

I would go back and recheck for any more blown fuse links. See the power distribution diagrams in the link below and see if this will help you trace it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20dist%20Jun%2029.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20dist%202%20Jun%2029.pdf