Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The cooling fans just behind the radiator in my 1997 rav4 is

Customer Question

the cooling fans just behind the radiator in my 1997 rav4 is making a vibrating noice that makes the whole car slightly vibrate also and do you know if they are identical as i would like to only change the vibrating one and not the both if possible pease
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: no the temp gage is reading normal, the fan is very noisy and i do not know which one it is
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i only contacted a wrecker for a replacement ne though he wants to know which one
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that i can think of, yes i would like to replase it myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You can unplug each fan motor to see if the vibrating goes away and then just replace the one that is causing it.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions for both fan motors in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,