Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Right low beam headlight goes out, 2008 Avalon, Haven't

Customer Question

Right low beam headlight goes out
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 Avalon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet was looking to see if others were experiencing the same problems
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the headlamps lights up, and then goes out after a short period of time, and then lights back up again, you most likely have one of two problems. You have the H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) lamp system. These are noted for headlamp bulb failures (you just need to replace the bulb; thsi is a very common issue on the late 2000 models with HID systems). There is the possibility that the unit that powers the bulb (the transformer/commonly refereed to as the 'ballast") may be bad, but that would be a much lesser frequency of need; the bulb replacement is very common. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to replace the faulty headlamp bulb.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer