karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master certified, L1,Iatn sponser,tech net training, automotive training group certificates
17741603

I have the same problem on my daughters car. what is the

I have the same problem on my daughters car. what is the ohms of the speed sensor

are you working with the front or rear speed sensors. Is the abs light on . Are you able to pull any failure code information out of the control module?

I cannot seem to find actual resistance spec. I did find testing information for the speed sensors. Using a volt meter unplug the sensor for the affected wheel and spin the tire, the sensor should generate 2-3 volts. You can do some comparing tests with the other wheel and see the results.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

its the ac speed sensor

Yes the sensor should generate 2-3 volts spinning the wheel , you can compare side to side for examples

As long as the sensor is not open, you could test other wheel speed sensors resistance for comparison also

I was able to find some resistance specs. Front should be .8 - 1.3 k ohms. Rear should be 1.1 - 1.3 k ohms

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

its the ac speed sensor or revolution sensor. NOT the wheel speed sensor.

According to the information I am finding the vehicle speed sensor produces a digital square wave and not an a/c signal. Best tool to diagnosis is a lab scope. You could remove the speed sensor from the transmission to inspect the drive gear as they wear out. I cannot find any resistance specs. You should have power supply on the red/blue wire and signal on the other wires that go to the combination meter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

look.im working on the ac not the abs or a vss problem. when I googled the problem with this car I'm working on, a Toyota tech had answered a question similar to this one with this problem and it asked me if I wanted to ask that tech or another one and I answered the same one. so here we are

I apologize for any misunderstanding. Spec for the compressor speed sensor is 165-205 ohms.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

what temp is that for? I found some specs but it was for 68 deg. if its 80-90 degrees out side does those ohms specs change?

yes that is for 68 degrees, resistance will change some with higher temp. I don't believe it will change that much with ambient temperature.

Did you replace the speed sensor and resolve the issue?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I'm and checking it now and ill let you know

Sounds good

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

it read about 415 ohms. I went to a salvage and got a used comp and used the sensor

That value sounds pretty high.