Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I went to start my car this morning, and it appears that the

Customer Question

Hi! i went to start my car this morning, and it appears that the starter is not turning over. I put the key in the ignition, turn it and hear a buzzing / vibrating sound - the electrical seems to be working as all of the lights, etc turn on when turning the key towards start. I believe this could be a starter issue
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2014 Camry SE, automatic car was in park
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was on my way to work this morning so I did not have time to check it out, was going to take a look myself tonight to see if I am able to see what is wrong - if not was going to have it towed to a mechanic tomorrow
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** on description it sounds like problem is either a weak battery or starter. With a multimeter monitor battery voltage while trying to start, if it drops below 11v this means battery needs to be replaced. If good access wires going to starter, both should maintain at least 11v while trying to start and if so replace starter. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there a way to test the battery without a multimeter monitor?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No but if you remove the battery they can test it at your local parts store for free. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.