Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Have a 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 and would like to add the

Customer Question

Have a 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 and would like to add the factory parking assist (sonar) to my truck. I've looked underneath and I can see the chassis wiring cable run to the back and to the front two corners so that wiring is there. I pulled the drive monitor switch; the one that contains the buttons for the trip computer/temp readout/select & reset and the sonar button. Mine has all these but the sonar button, but I have wires at all the connections on the plug. On the drivers information display; the readout above the radio that displays time/temp/mpg, I can see to the far right where the LED's are present for the parking assist (pictogram of the car with four dots around it). I have the part numbers for the wiring harnesses that will connect the sensors to the chassis wiring, the actual sensors themselves, the sonar module that mounts behind the glove box and the necessary drive monitor switch with the sonar button. What I'm not sure about is the wiring from the sonar module. Does it simply plug into an empty jack or due I need a cable? Is there any additional wiring between the sonar module, drive monitor switch and driver information display that I would have to run or is it a "plug-n-play" application. Any wiring diagrams would be helpful. Thanks.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The best thing to do here is to contact a dealer to see if they sell a retro fit kit for your model.In some cases a retro fit kit is made that will install in your model with all of the components needed to install this in your vehicle.Keep in mind in allot of cases a dealer will need to reprogram some computers to allow this function to operate.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you provide a wiring diagram for the sonar system?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Below is the diagram info I show on this model here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete