Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Replaced HV battery <1k miles ago. Forgot and left the

Customer Question

Replaced HV battery <1k miles ago. Forgot and left the parking brake on when I put it in drive and mashed the petal (DMV issues had me upset) Bing poop. Oh shit. Parking break off restart (nothing PS light on) pull the 12v battery, put it back no codes try to restart nothing.. Pull 12v and HV service plug put it all back and still no restart.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: Break out the tech connect laptop and codes are c1259 and inverter failure internal short. Clear and keep trying no luck they come right back as soon as the key is turned.
JA: What year is your V?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brake fluid is at max on hot day, fuses tested good. 12v battery sucks but have a jump pack on still nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Multifunctional display blinks sometime when the battery is low
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for any one to be able to help you we are going t need complete information, what year, make and model are you working on and what are you trying to repair, is the code C1259 the issue you are trying to resolve? Post back with complete details and I will see if I can help you with this.