Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

CSV lite and check engine light came on 2011 Toyota Siena,

Customer Question

CSV lite and check engine light came on 2011 Toyota Siena
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: No problem. Reset two times with code reader. Back on
JA: What is the model of your '11 Toyota?
Customer: Sienna xle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I replaced gas cap
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Car runs fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

May I have the p-codes that were retrieved from the on-board computer with the code reader?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Po441 and p0445
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, P0445 is not a valid code for this vehicle. I believe this is going to be P0455. This is a "Large Leak in the EVAP System". The P0441 narrows this down a bit and says the problem lies in the EVAP Purge VSV. The Purge VSV is located under the hood, mounted to a bracket on the top, rear of the engine. Carefully inspect the vacuum line to it for any cracks, holes or disconnections. If the visual inspection checks ok, you can test the VSV with an Ohms meter. It should read 23-26Ohms. If out of specs, replace. If within specs, a "smoke" test will need to be done. This is where a machine forces smoke through the system and any leaks can then be easily found and repaired. For an image location view of the VSV, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpftnz1ej19cs2k/toy-vsv.jpg?dl=0

If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

..