Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I replace 2 cnock sensors and light come back on wt same

Customer Question

I replace 2 cnock sensors and light come back on wt same code
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes state of for like 50 miles and come back
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 01 avalon xle
JA: What year is your Avalon?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replace 2 knock sensors
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and I will post back with your reply ASAP

Was there any fault codes retrieved , why were the knock sensor changed cause of fault codes and what are these codes # ***** u have them

how many miles on vehicle ?

how i sthe car driving any issues in driveability

let me know please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thecofe was po325

ok how many miles and driving issues , does have lack of power , does it spark knock , under load , when get on it ?

2001 Toyota Avalon XL V6-3.0L (1MZ-FE) Save Article Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only CIRCUIT DESCRIPTIONEach of knock sensor is fitted to the right bank and left bank of the cylinder block to detect engine knocking. This sensor contains a piezoelectric element which generates a voltage when it becomes deformed, which occurs when the cylinder block vibrates due to knocking. If engine knocking occurs, ignition timing is retarded to suppress it.
If the ECM detects the above diagnosis conditions, it operates the fail-safe function in which the corrective retard angle value is set to the maximum value.INSPECTION PROCEDUREHINT:
- DTC P0325 is for the right bank knock sensor circuit.
- DTC P0330 is for the left bank knock sensor circuit.
- Read freeze frame data using TOYOTA hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool. Because freeze frame records the engine conditions when the malfunction is detected. When troubleshooting, it is useful for determining whether the vehicle was running or stopped, the engine was warmed up or not, the air-fuel ratio was lean or rich, etc. at the time of the malfunction.

you problem is going to be in the wiring or a bad ecm , if you look at diagram , it shows it powers up by the ecm and grounded to block , so if you get your test light and check you should have 5v reference from ecm, if you dont then it is in the wire or the ecm , unplug the ecm , run a continuity test on the wire going back to ecm from knock sensor ,if it passed , then replace the ecm .if it did not pass the continuity test

fix the wire .

Hope I was helpfull to you ,Let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open for you to Come Back And Ask Me Any Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue Even after You Rate Me

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)