Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Have a 2004 Toyota Camry that started stalling while

Customer Question

Have a 2004 Toyota Camry that started stalling while driving. Only seems to occur when the AC system is on.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Currently trying to diagnose. Check engine light is on but for the torque converter sensor in the transmission. I do notice a P2112 code that I have not seen but not sure if that is related.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car does start back up immediately after shutting ooff.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** engine do you have? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Engine is 2.4L I4 SFI, Check light is n for an issue with a torque converter sensor, but that has been a long standing issue and is not the problem, As I do show a P2112 code on there I am not sure if that is related to the first one or is a new one.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This only occurring when the AC system is on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have not checked to see if it does it in idle.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

P2112 is related to the throttle body which could also cause the idle problem. Start by cleaning out throttle body with cleaner from parts store and a rag. Spray cleaner onto rag then wipe out throttle bore. If problem still exists replace the throttle body assembly. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.