Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Have a 95 t100 auto. will not start in park. tried neutral

Customer Question

have a 95 t100 auto. will not start in park. tried neutral but indicator light stays in park. occasionally starts when moving shift lever down to low then back to park. tried adjusting neutral switch but to no avail.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota Mechanic to figure that out. What year is your T100?
Customer: 95
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hopefully yes. tried adjustinh
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: changed starter and cleaned terminals
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.If the indicator isn't moving when you change the shift lever then most likely the neutral safety switch (PRNDL switch) is bad.
Do you have a volt meter?Let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny