Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I cannot change mode on 2006 Avalon limited to SAT. I have

Customer Question

I cannot change mode on 2006 Avalon limited to SAT. I have had the signal resent several times in hopes to "jump start" signal to no avail. I started having the problem when traveling to a very rural area and since that time have not been able to tune to SAT. Any help would be appreciated.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes, the engine turns over and the battery is less than a year old.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to try to fix myself but I really don't know what to try after having the signal re-sent.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing that I am aware.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Does the SAT radio come on at all? Even channel 0 to get the radio ID or channel 1 for the preview channel? Or, does it not go to the SAT function at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not go to SAT nor channel 0 or channel 1
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 4 months ago.

Resetting the signal will have no effect on this issue. This is going to be an issue with either your radio head unit in the vehicle or the satellite radio tuner in the vehicle. Has any recent work been done to the vehicle? Do you have access to a digital voltmeter so we can run some tests? Keep in mind, the satellite tuner in your vehicle is an add on and is separate from the radio in the dash.