Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I hooked up t he battery backwards in 2010 tpyota tundra

Customer Question

I hooked up t he battery backwards in 2010 tpyota tundra crewmax 5.7 I replaced a couple small fuses under the hood and tj r fusible link tru k will not turn over
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: Reading 12.1
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses and replaced the fusible link and yes I am going to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No turning over got power To everything but gauge lights a
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Check all fuses with a test light, you have more blown fuses, trust me I seen this before on your truck.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan