Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

87 toyota pickup SR5 22RE. Going old school and would like

Customer Question

87 toyota pickup SR5 22RE. Going old school and would like to remove the entire AC unit. I don't want to get hurt or do anything wrong. Step by step guide ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases you can just remove the ac belt to disable it or remove the engine from running the compressor assembly and this works well.This all depends on the engine and belt routing.In some cases the ac freon can be removed with an ac machine and the ac compressor removed and a shorter bypass belt used or some parts stores sell a bypass pulley kit to put in place of the compressor itself.If you want to remove all components completely all together let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete