sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

CD's are stuck in 2004 4Runner. Limited, 2004, Held the

Customer Question

CD's are stuck in 2004 4Runner.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Limited
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Held the button down
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unless multiple discs were forced in at the same time or there is something such as a stick on label on one or more discs, if the discs are stuck either in an in dash or standalone CD changer, it indicates a mechanical failure of the unit. If the discs are in an area you can see then you may be able to grab them and pull them out with some very small needlenose pliers, but this may damage the discs. The only good way to get them out would be to remove and disassemble the unit, however they aren't field serviceable components so there aren't any instructions or internal parts available. If you just want to retrieve the discs then you can remove and disassemble the unit, but actually repairing the issue would require either replacement or sending the unit to somewhere such as United Radio for repair.