Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Front left brake locked and right rear even after new

Customer Question

front left brake locked and right rear even after new calipers and brake hoses
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: it came to my shop and i replaced the front caliper and hose and put new rotors on it. then this all happened. 176000
JA: What is the model of your '174000 Toyota?
Customer: solora convertible
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i own this garage and am trying to fix. ant ideas
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: replaced two calipers and brake hoses already. no difference
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen issues with the anti lock hydraulic unit itself fail or act up internally and cause this issue here.I dont suspect this is the master cylinder because if it was this would have caused an issue with either the front brakes locking up or the rear and not one on each side but the hydraulic unit for the anti lock brake system is common to fail.Its valve block internally can lock up pressure to different calipers like this here.

One way to check this is locate the brake lines to the calipers locking up at the hydraulic unit and loosen then slightly when this occurs and see if the brakes then release.If they do I suspect the hydraulic unit needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete