john
john, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

Will there be a problem if only i shim is on each brake

Customer Question

will there be a problem if only i shim is on each brake instead of 2?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2013 scion xb
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my husband did them. they make a weird noise.
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: echo-ish especially when i start to drive. letting
off the brakes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: there are 2 left in the box and my husband said they are extra
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  john replied 7 months ago.

it should still safely stop nothing to worry about...they basically help reduce brake noise and squeal

Expert:  john replied 7 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Expert:  john replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  john replied 7 months ago.

please rate me between 3 and 5 stars if your satisfied with my assistance and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask