Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just bought a 2002 Toyota Sequoia. The radio turns on, but

Customer Question

I just bought a 2002 Toyota Sequoia. The radio turns on, but there is no sound, the antenna won't raise. it will not accept cd's or cassettes. I did just replace the battery.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes. all look good in all 3 panels.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked all fuses, looked for loose wires and no luck there. Do I need to replace rasio or amp or antenna?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the back tail door doesn't open, but that is a seperate problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am saying sorry for the delay as a blanket response for all others online today that passed on helping on this concern. I just go in recently and caught up and am now checking on the long waiting customers first. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I still can not use my radio.

Thanks,

Radio turns on- so the power and ground to it is good.

No sound- can be the radio or the amp

Antenna- can be the radio or the antenna motor

Will not accept CDs- that is a faulty radio.

My first suggestion is a reset. Disconnect the negative battery cable one evening then reconnect it the next morning. This will reset the radio and possibly make it work. If not then we can do some other electrical diag steps if your willing.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I didn't get back to you-Family emergency. A technician at the body shop said I need the code to the radio to right it after I change the battery. How do you get the revamp code for the radio?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

There are 3 ways to get a radio code.

The radio code card in the owners manual packet.

www.radio-code.com

Your local Toyota dealer.