Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I left my trunk open in the car wash : yes : 2013 toyota

Customer Question

I left my trunk open in the car wash
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2013 toyota corolla LES
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will do whatever I need to. I sopped up water with bath towels and paper towels. It feels 97% dry. Thankfully there were mats in the trunk over top the felt lining
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There was a tiny bit of water in the area where the spare tire is. An ounce or less.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the trunk lid was left up, there would be an extraordinary amount of water in the trunk. The good news here is there are not exposed wire harnesses in the spare tire area that could be corroded. If you remove the spare tire, you will be able to sop up the rest of the water. Are you having any problems with the car electrically?