Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Master Warning Light comes on. : which battery, the hybrid?

Customer Question

Master Warning Light comes on.
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: which battery, the hybrid? I changed it last year.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2005 Prius
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nope. I am trying to find out what the master warning light coming means?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: are you from a Toyota dealership?
JA: No. I'm the Toyota Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Ok, so you don't know what the light means, then?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you tonight
Master warning light is caused by a misfire or overheating of the hybrid battery , have you check you air filter lately, I have seen them dirty and clogged air flow causing the misfire , if u have changed the hybrid last year it should be good as long u changed with a new or a good rebuild one,
The box itself in rear has a temp sensor , if it goes over a certain temp will cause master warning light . Another words an event happened that is going to be harmful to the car , like the misfire or the hybrid overheating telling you to stop.i have rebuild them myself and I seen the temp sensor go bad , so best is to have the hybrid module scanned for fault codes which will indicated whether it was in the engine misfire or the hybrid systemHope that was helpful to you ,please let me know if you need anything elseA Positive Rating is much AppreciatedChad Farhat