Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

The heat of my Toyota Celsior is going gher, what to do?

Customer Question

The heat of my Toyota Celsior is going higher, what to do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the engine temperature is rising (I assume this is what you mean by the 'heat is rising'), you most likely have a sticking engine coolant thermostat. It is advised to NOT drive this car with an overheating engine. If the overheat condition is allowed to prolong, the engine can and will require substantial repair costs, as the overheat condition will first damage the cylinder head gaskets, and, worse yet, might cause the cylinder head to be replaced. Thsi can cost a tremendous amount of money to rectify. My initial advise would be to replace the engine coolant thermostat with a genuine Toyota replacement part.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer