tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

It died while driving it. has gas in tank It act like its

Customer Question

it died while driving it. has gas in tank It act like its going to start but then acts like its not getting gas
Category: Toyota
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

will it start aftrer it cools down?

how many miles is on the truck?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
178000 was in for service /oil change January not starting

HI

sorry i missed you.

have you scanned it for codes,if so,can you give them to me?

will it start with a prime?[starting fluid or a little fuel into the throttle body]

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi well it just started up like normal one turn of the key. drove it around town started five different time. no problems. don't know what was going on. But thanks for help

ok..great

i think i may know what is going on here..

it sounds as if you may have a bad crank sensor..these can break down like this with heat sometimes when they go bad,then after it cools,start back up as if nothing is wrong..

lets replace the crank sensor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9c9teg6d8560t6/0616-toyota-REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/x9c9teg6d8560t6/0616-toyota-REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help