Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Abs and red brake light on, no codes

Customer Question

abs and red brake light on, no codes
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. In this situation, with no codes, you either have a low fluid condition in the brake master cylinder reservoir, or, the scanner you are using is not compatible with the ABS interface on this car. I would recommend you check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir first. If it is low, this will turn on the light, because the front brake pads are worn. If the fluid level is at the "MAX" level, I would recommend another scan with a compatible scanner. ABS issues always require an accurate scan; it can get real expensive replacing ABS related parts that may or may not fix the problem. The key here is accuracy, not guesswork. If you cannot get a compatible scanner to work (anytime the ABS light is on, there should be a code (assuming the fluid level is good)..

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer