Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I want to know where is the a/c relay is 2005 Toyota scion

Customer Question

I want to know where is the a/c relay is for my 2005 Toyota scion is located
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 85,000 battery is new
JA: What is the model of your '05 Toyota?
Customer: xb
JA: Huh?
Customer: scion xb
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I'm trying to locate a/c relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. There is only one relay involved in the 2005 Xb air conditioning circuit, it' called a HTR Relay and is located behind the lower finish panel (the panel where the drivers knees would be if they are sitting in the drivers seat) in that fuse/relay box.

I don't think I have ever seen one go bad so I'm not sure what you're looking at this specific relay. Do you have anymore info as to whats going on with the A/C?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The clutch will not engage when I push the AC button to the on position I am trying to charge the system

There isn't a clutch on this compressor. Just charge the low side with the R134 (I am assuming that you dont have an actual a/c machine and are using a can) and that should provide enough pressure in the system to allow it to engage. Does this make sense?