Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 1999 Toyato keeps choking and dying, it will run awhile

Customer Question

My 1999 Toyato keeps choking and dying, it will run awhile but die and not start again rested. No can find anything wrong with it. I have had new fuel pumps, etc. replaced. It seems it just not getting gas. Put in fuel additive, it seems to help, but drove again today and it died. Please help!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases I have seen issues with damaged or corroded wiring or wiring connections running to and leading to the fuel pump itself needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the fuel pump wiring checked at all this needs done to see if the wiring or wiring connections are the issue here needing repaired.I have seen this intermittently cause issues.

If the circuit opening relay is acting up intermittently this will cause a no fuel issue as well as it will cut the power feed to the fuel pump.I have had to replace this relay in some cases to correct power signals to the pump.This relay is located under the dash on the passenger side as shown below here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr6xu80045brqd9/cir-06-14.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete