carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech

Master Warning light is on, Seat belt light on, Car wont go

Customer Question

Master Warning light is on, Seat belt light on, Car wont go in drive or reverse windows move slowly. ??? Yikes
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's it, car wont start (run) doesn't shut off easily. no problems up to this point
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't know what the problem is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: not that I can think of ,only 70,00miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 4 months ago.

HI there.

It sounds like you are dealing with a weak battery and possibly an alternator issue. If the alternator doesn't charge the battery when the car is running you will run into this type of problem. I would start by having the battery tested and then have the charging system checked after that. Usually the battery will require a recharge before it can be tested. If the battery just lost charge when the car was sitting, then the battery itself is the likely issue.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!