Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Window stuck down can I manually push it up : Window on

Customer Question

Window stuck down can I manually push it up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Window on driver side down I have panel off going to push window up but cant
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes with rain coming
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I got panel off and bolts to release motor from door frame took one bolt loose that release window from track but can't get to the front one
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 230000 4.7
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try using the up button or cranking the window up (if manual windows) at the same time lifting the window to see if you can get it to go up then.If you can you will need something in the door to hold it up.If this does not work then you would need to loosen the screws or bolts on the window itself to lift it up off of the window regulator.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete