Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My interior dome lights in the front and back won't turn off

Customer Question

JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: It's a 2014 Toyota Avalon. The issue just started today. Checked bulbs, but I haven't checked fuses. I don't have a schematic for fuses to know which one to pull
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was hoping I could
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No. This has been the only issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to help on this.

Make sure that the main interior dome light switch is turned off. Also check to see if the door ajar light is on. Make sure all doors are close. You could have a bad door switch, which tells the body control module that a door is open even when it is not.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Dan