HYBRID / BATTERY CONTROL: HYBRID BATTERY SYSTEM: P0A80-123: Replace Hybrid Battery Pack
P0A80-123 - Replace Hybrid Battery Pack
- The HV battery uses nickel metal-hydride batteries and does not require external charging. The power management control ECU controls the SOC (state of charge) of the HV battery at a constant level during driving. The HV battery is composed of 28 modules, and each module consists of eight 1.2 V cells in series. The battery smart unit monitors battery block voltage at 14 locations. Each battery block is composed of 2 modules in a set.
-P0A80-123 will not be set unless the vehicle is driven for approximately 10 minutes after clearing the DTC.
The battery smart unit, which monitors the voltage of the battery blocks, determines that malfunction has occurred if a voltage difference between the battery blocks exceeds the standard. When the malfunction detection condition is satisfied, the power management control ECU (HV CPU) will illuminates the MIL and set a DTC.
TYPICAL ENABLING CONDITIONS
TYPICAL MALFUNCTION THRESHOLDS
COMPONENT OPERATING RANGE
CONFIRMATION DRIVING PATTERN
- Connect the Techstream to the DLC3.
- Turn the power switch on (IG) and turn the Techstream on.
- Clear the DTCs (even if no DTCs are stored, perform the clear DTC procedure).
- Turn the power switch off.
- Turn the power switch on (READY) and turn the Techstream on.
- Perform a universal trip.
- With the select lever in N, leave the vehicle until SOC drops to 30%.
Although DTC P3000 (INF 388) may be stored if the SOC drops to 20% or lower, this is not a malfunction.
- Enter the following menus: Powertrain / Hybrid Control / Trouble Codes.
- Check that permanent DTCs are cleared.
-If the permanent DTC is not cleared, repeat steps 6 and 7.
-If a permanent DTC is output, the system is malfunctioning.
-If no permanent DTC is output, the system is normal.
- CHECK DTC OUTPUT (DTC P0AFC-123 IS OUTPUT) See: P0A7F
B -- GO TO DTC CHART
A -- Continue to next step.
- CHECK BATTERY SMART UNIT See: P0A7F
B -- REPLACE HV BATTERY ASSEMBLY See: Hybrid Drive Systems\Battery System, Hybrid Drive\Battery, Hybrid Drive\Service and Repair\Components
A -- REPLACE BATTERY SMART UNIT See: Hybrid Drive Systems\Battery System, Hybrid Drive\Battery Condition Monitor\Service and Repair\Components