Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

1996 Toyota Camry : radio quit working, dash lights 't work,

Customer Question

1996 Toyota Camry
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: radio quit working, dash lights don't work, dome lights don't work. speedometer works
JA: Have you checked the dashboard control switch? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes, no fuses blown
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: perhaps
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: AC works, headlights etc. check all fuses and they are fine. Relay problem is my thingking, but which one? and location?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases a fault like this can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the ignition switch itself.I have seen the ignition switch fail/act up before in the past needing replaced for an issue like this here.I would have the switch signals tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced for this issue.If this was already tested and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete