Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I left my lights on few hours and flattened the 12V battery.

Customer Question

I left my lights on for a few hours and flattened the 12V battery. I tried a jumpstart form another car, but it wasn`tt thaving it.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: I`m going to try to crawl in the boot, and release the tailgate, so I can charge the battery with a charger. My charger has a two hour fast charge on it, can I use that or will I have to use a slow trickle charge instead?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only a jumpstart, I`m going to try with the charger, but I`m concerned that the immobiliser might have kicked in...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If I can`t charge the battery, can I just replace it, or does that have to be done by a dealer?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My email address should read***@******.***
I think I may have entered it incorrectly!
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. What year and model vehicle are we working with?