Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We just did a head job not too ago. Now I did new

Customer Question

We just did a head job not too long ago. Now I did new distributor new cap rotor and wire and plugs. Sounds really terrible. Doesn't want too gain power in 4th and 5th. Timing marks line up with timing light. Would it be possible valves would need to be readjusted? It's a Toyota 3.0L 3VZE
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: Not very old. Just did tune up.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New plugs,wires,distributor,cap,rotor. Timing light.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Yeah had recently did head job. It was running fine until I had to change my distributor. Then I had a melted wire. But that's all new. Haven't every readjustment on my valves since head job. So, thinking I need too?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 5 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

You said it ran fine until you had to change the distributor, what was the reason for that, why was the distributor replaced? Does the engine idle normally?