Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

We have a 2007 Camry. The key fob will allow us to start &

Customer Question

Hello Pearl!
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: We have a 2007 Camry. The key fob will allow us to start & drive the car, but won't lock or unlock the doors
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: we changed the battery. we only have 1 key fob
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we would like to fix it ourselves. we haven't done anything except change the battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem is with your FOB or the lock system you are going to need to start first with having the door lock control system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will see if I can help you determine the cause.