Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 99' corolla and the power window stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a 99' corolla and the power window stopped working. Replaced the motor and checked the switches for both driver side master control and the passenger side control. The motor would only go up and not down initially after the replacement. Rewired a new ground directly to the passenger switch which will give the passenger switch full control of the window but only down control on the driver side master switch. I couldn't find a disconnect in the wiring harness and all fuses are working. The child lock is off.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Which door are we working with here? Do you have access to a digital voltmeter?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

passenger door and no i dont have digital meter

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

What we need to determine is where the power flow stops. Is there a chance you can borrow a voltmeter, or buy an inexpensive one? If there is a harbor freight tools in your area, they have them very cheap.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I can get one.

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

OK. let me know when you have it ready to test some things. Also remove the door panel and check this video on backprobing connectors as we want to test in this fashion. Having some straight pins or even safety pins will work. The goal is to be able to establish a testing point on the outside of the connector with it still connected.

https://youtu.be/-8qMyyH0Mb4