Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist

Hybrid system light just came on and remains on, What does

Customer Question

hybrid system light just came on and remains on, What does that most often mean?
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: Battery was new and car is a 2012. Tune up has been awhile
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: While driving if you stop at an intersection then the car hesitates to go
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not necessarilly
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. it has 84,000 miles on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer!

A hybrid system light is indicating the (ecm) Engine Control Module, or hybrid control system is detecting a fault.

If you take your car down to a local auto parts store and have the code scanned for free. I can look up the fault code that is set and give you more information about what is going wrong with your vehicle.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your car. Unfortunately hybrid vehicles are very complex and require a scan tool to properly diagnose and find the fault.

It could be something easy like a loose or unplugged sensor at the engine, or a complex battery issue. A scan tool is really the only way to tell.

If you get your vehicle scanned let me know what the fault code number are and i can give you a better answer. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated so i can receive credit. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for 5 star excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.