rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Have a code p0300 ,p0306, p0307,p0308 and c1201 only run bad

Customer Question

hi ! have a code p0300 ,p0306, p0307,p0308 and c1201 only run bad until is warm the runs really good
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes! I have not relaxed the wires or done compression test. When I start it cold it is missing on 6-8. Once it gets warm and I turn it off and back on it will run perfectly until I turn it off and let it get cold again. While it is running smooth I can clear codes and they will stay gone until it's off and cold again. While it is running smooth at warm all is good with no kids of power or any other signs of a problem, it's resllycweird as it is only problematic when cold.
JA: What year is your C320?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just did not do that ! spark plug new set ! ignition coils are reversed , new fuel injectors installed !! the problem went away !!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I found a forum on your correspondence on this issue with the same machine .perepisyvalsya technician Noël !! You can talk with him on this issue ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

These multiple misfire are most likely coming from an intake gasket leak on a cold engine only. You should smoke test the intake on a cold motor to confirm this.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you are faced with such a problem in the 3ur fe (tundra 2010 limited) ??
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Sure have been, Those symptoms you gave me were the reason I told you what I did. You can also confirm this with freeze frame data when the codes were set and also MODE 6.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Russian language?!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What solutions have you had with these codes for this motor ???
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

I told you what to do already as far as testing is concerned. Please fulfill these request and don't forget to rate m too.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
draws the air is nowhere!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.