Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid master warning light came on

Customer Question

My 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid master warning light came on (red triangle with exclamation point). Also maint reqd came on.
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: They just replaced my hybrid battery within last six months.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am not sure about tune up but I take it whenever main reqd comes on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: i do not think so. Thanks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the lights on here what needs to be done is to have a scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers.Once this is done the fault codes can be checked/read out in all computers and then diagnosed from there to repair this fault here.This is best done by either a dealer or authorized repair center as they will have the correct scan tool to do this as well as knowledge to diagnose and repair any faults found.I would have this done as soon as you can.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete