Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My blue tooth mic needs to be adjusted. I have a 2013 Venza

Customer Question

My blue tooth mic needs to be adjusted. I have a 2013 Venza with a jbl radio with nav
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: mic is working but I have to shout to be heard
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to be able to get into diag mode on the jbl system to adjust the gain on the microphone, I have been reading online that this is a common problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not gotten into diag mode so actually nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont show a procedure myself on how to access the gain on this here.In some cases he microphone itself has to be replaced to resolve this issue and in other cases a dealer can install updated software or they can connect their computer or scan tool to adjust any gain or frequency signals to correct this here.Being a 2013 model this may still be covered under factory warranty at a dealer to have this checked into and repaired at no cost to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete