Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Toyota duet 2003 engine is turning but car won't start. Can

Customer Question

toyota duet 2003 engine is turning but car won't start. Can you help?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It sounds like the engine is cranking over properly with the starter but is not starting.If I am wrong on this here let me know.

There are two common causes for this.First and usually most common is a weak fuel pump itself.I have seen the fuel pumps fail in the past before needing replaced for low pressure issues.If you have not had the fuel system tested this needs done to see if the pump needs replaced.

Second is a fault with the crank sensor not sending an engine rpm signal which causes issues with fuel injector operation as well as ignition components in some cases.

If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done with a compatible scan tool plugged into your model.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the engine rpm signal when cranking over the engine to see if a signal is present.If there is no signal this usually indicates the crank sensor is at fault needing replaced.

I would have this signal tested as well as fuel pressure to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete