Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

96 camry ,2.2, no interior power,windows,ac ect. I checked

Customer Question

96 camry ,2.2, no interior power,windows,ac ect. I checked all fuses and grounds. No power to power up alt thru read plug. Any ideas
JA: Have you found the car's fuse panel? Do you know what fuse number you need?
Customer: I've checked all fuses, underhood, and kick panels. Battery is fully charged, and car has a new alternater
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I will. Been doing this 40 years just haven't run into this on a camry
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 4 months ago.

As you know electrical problems can be difficult at times, so I'm going to have a few quertions and I'll see if I can make some sense of what's going on and help you fix this. If it's getting ;late where you are located we can continue tomorrow.

Do the exterior lights all work?

does anything inside work at all? dome light, radio, dash gauges, dash warning lights?

does it start and run and are you able to shift out of park?

Tell me exactly what does NOT work, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
obviously you didnt read what i wrote. Im not an idiot, I've been doing this for 40 years, trying to save some time and see if its a common issue. Please read what I wrote and then answer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it runs, that's it. Charging system is not being energizing the alternator, pwr wds don't work, instrument cluster does not work, AC won't work. All happened while my customer was driving down the road, it happened all at once.

I read your entire text, there was no intent on my part to infer that you're an idiot, I always like to start with the basics first and i apologize that my questions offended you and I think it may be better if you worked with someone else on this so I'm going to opt out, the question will go back on the list and someone else will be along shortly to assist you, thanks for using just answer. Have a good evening.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not a problem
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Different expert here. Please advise of the exact voltage output at the alternator output terminal; then we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not going to read or respond after the way I was treated by this site. I cancelled my 1 month deal due to rudeness. Please don't bother me again