Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 98 Toyota Tacoma when I apply the brakes the engine

Customer Question

I have a 98 Toyota Tacoma when I apply the brakes the engine shuts off or when it is in park and I turn on the A/C it shuts off.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure there are no engine vacuum leaks then I would start with taking some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning. When doing this be sure disconnect the negative battery cable before the cleaning. After you have finished the cleaning , start the engine and let it idle for 15 to 20 minutes. If the problem returns, then let scan the computer system and see if there are nay fault codes setting. Post back if so and we can work from there.