Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

4hi light blinking-wont go into4lo warning alarm doesn't

Customer Question

4hi light blinking-wont go into*****4lo warning alarm doesn't shift
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the first time you're dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes 245000
JA: What is the model of your '243000 Toyota?
Customer: 2010 tundra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes disconnect battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: right upper ball joint brake yesterday I didn't die-:) abs light now on also
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

I'm not sure I understand about what was done to the ball joint was it replaced? If not what is thre problem with the ball joint?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ball joint is fixed upper a arm replaced-every thing was fine but after ball joint broke at 70 miles an hour rough ride I didn't role-my truck has a 6 inch lift on 35inch tires-call me if you want(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need help:)
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Let me just give my opinion as to what the problem may be, I think the wheel speed sensor wire on the side that had the suspension work done has seperasted, espicially with a lift on it, when the suspension was lowered to get the ball joint out it probably strtched the wire and the thin wire inside broke inside the insulation, to veriyf this you'd have to get a code reader connected to get the diagnostic code, as long as there is an abs malfunction the 4x4 function may be disabled, so you need to address the abs light being on first and see if the speed sensor is the problem , I think it is because I've seen this many times.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to talk but you explained it well-I'll deal with the abs. thanks
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome, best of luck and please take a moment to rate this answer, thanks.