EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience
34559540

I found a mouse nest on top of the cabin filter. The wiper

Customer Question

I found a mouse nest on top of the cabin filter. The wiper supply hose under the wiper shroud was chewed apart. The fuel light stays on and it shows empty even though it is full. I believe a mouse chewed a wire that controlls the fuel light. 2007 Tundra SR5 4.7 L. Where should i start looking or how should i troubleshoot the fuel light. Would it be a ground since the light stays on and shows empty? Where can i find a wire diagram for the fuel light?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Wiper motor?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looked at fuses and pulled off instrument shroud looking for mouse droppings or insulation pieces.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Is this an automated assistant?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.

Hi. The most common place I see for mice chewing wiring that is related to the fuel gauge, is on top of the fuel tank. I would inspect there first.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wires on fuel tank are ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how can i find a wire diagram for my truck?

If the wires are good on top of the fuel tank, they may be chewed along the frame rail or even inside the truck. CLICK HERE for the fuel gauge wiring diagram.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Do you have any more questions on this? WHat progress have you made? Let me know and if you are all set please help me close out the question by rating my assistance. Thank you.