Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 97 4runner will crank good then it started trying to

Customer Question

my 97 4runner will crank good then it started trying to crank but afterwhile it will start up. The code was bank one to lean so I changed that clean the maf and brought a rechargeable air filter. I also changed my fuel filter as well. It was clogged up. It seem to have trash in the line so I put gas treatment in
JA: There are tons of benefits to cleaning an air filter -- better mileage being one. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Its 39791
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ma'am..
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the air and fuel filters cleaned maf sensor put gas treatment in
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: In 2012 I had put a new pump on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I am sorry about the long wait, I believe I can help on this issue but with the long wait I need to first off know if your still wanting or help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

So as of right now it will crank but takes a while to start, correct?

Can you tell me how it runs once started?

What codes remain after your repairs and clearing the codes you had?