Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

2000 sienna van looking low side port . Need to recharge ac

Customer Question

2000 sienna van looking for the low side port . Need to recharge ac
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Only room temp air, great airflow in cabin. Don't know which hoses are which. No owners manual or chiton.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. Need to recharge the ac
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Runs like a champ. This is my only issue. Getting ready to recharge it myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 8 months ago.

The low pressure port is on the bigger aluminum pipe but has the smaller port with a blue cap, it should be on the line under the hood near the right fender, it may also bee near the firewall where both freon lines go through to the evaporator.